FINALLY updating the blog. It's been since Christmas and so much has happened, so were to begin? Well I guess we will start with the youngest and work our way up.
Declan has gone through the most changes. He changes every day, learning new things and growing. Declan started crawling at 10 months. It's later then when the other two started crawling, but I was ok with that. He is a BIG cuddle bug:) Every time you pick him up he snuggles right into you and gives the best little hug. Sometimes he gives you a big open mouth kiss, if your lucky;) He loves to stand in his crib in the morning and scream!!!!! at the top of his lungs, and then gives you a big smile once you come and get him. He loves to watch his brothers play, and loves to follow poor Shasta around. He will wait until she is laying down and then he attacks! Shasta takes it well, but when she's had enough she'll get up and leave. But then of course as soon as she finds a place to relax again, Declan is already moving in. We celebrated his first birthday up in Heber with his cousin Max(who was born a week before). I made him his own little cake and he loved every bit of it! Declan can now crawl up the stairs, which you Mom's out there know is the most nerve wrecking thing until they can learn to go down the stairs. One day Dave and I were in the kitchen putting groceries away, and Quentin and Henrik had gone outside and left the door open. Well after the groceries were all put away I looked around and didn't see Declan anywhere. So, I PANICKED! I ran outside and looked all around the house and couldn't see him. So, I came inside, looked up the stairs and there he was at the top, throwing the laundry down the stairs. Scared me to death!!!! That was when he first showed us he could get up the stairs. Declan is now practicing is walking skills. Not ready to take off, but he sure does like it when we take him for a walk:)
Next is Henrik. Henrik is smarter then I thought. I took him in for a speech test, worried about his stuttering and the fact that he can't say the "C" or "G" sound. So, he passed his test(barely) and the therapist said that he doesn't stutter, but that he just feels pressured to say something. He also showed me some tricks to help him with the "C" and "G" sounds. But the thing that I was so proud about was that Henrik knew all his colors, letters, numbers, and most shapes. I hate to say this, but I haven't been working with him very much on those subjects. So, I was surprised he knew them so well. The therapist asked me if I read to Henrik, and that if I am reading to him every night I shouldn't be so surprised at how much he knows. Ok, theres all the proof that I need that reading to your kids every night makes them smarter:) Henrik is also our "spirited" little boy. He is his own self and no one is going to tell him who he is or what he should do. I tease him asking him if he is a "MR. HENRIK" and he replies "I not a MR. HENRIK, I'm a boy" which makes me laugh every time. Henrik loves playing in the dirt and finding dead potato bugs to show me. He loves playing with Quentin and wants to be 5 just like him:)
Now for the oldest who thinks he's 17!!! Quentin is becoming very independent. He wants to do BIG boy stuff all the time, and I am not ready for him to be a teenager yet(HE"S ONLY 5!!!!) Quentin is doing very well in school and has lots of friends. He is very nice and will always try to include everyone. Quentin has just learned how to ride a bike without training wheels, and thinks he has all the freedom in the world. Myself and his Aunt April have had to chase him down the street to get him to come back(turkey). But there are consequences to our actions. With Quentin thinking he can do anything at any time we have been taking privileges away, such as his Mobi GO, Mario Cart Wii, bike and other little things that he has to earn back. HE is learning very quickly that he has to ask for things and get permission to go to friends houses instead of just leaving. One evening Quentin had been playing Mario Cart with Henrik and they got into a fight because Henrik won. So after the fighting stopped Quentin was asked to go to his room and cool off. He went up and I went back to making dinner. Well the next thing I hear is the front door open and shut. Henrik was playing on the floor with Declan so I knew it had to be Quentin. I opened the door just in time before Quentin took off on his bike. After some words I don't think he will be pulling that one on me for awhile(cross your fingers). Quentin is a very big helper. He loves to help me clean up, do the laundry, the dishes and help with setting that table and making dinner. He does have a sweet side that shows most of the time. He is very nice to Declan and lately loves to help him walk around. I am so proud of each of our boys!!!
I guess it's Dave and I now. Dave took another class as an attempt to get closer to his Master Degree. We actually just found out that he passed(YAHOO)! Dave has been crazy busy with basketball and soccer, but he enjoys every minute of it. He has thought about changing his Masters to Athletic Administration, which we both thinks he would love to do. Dave and I decided to get his DJ.DJ Entertainment business out there more and were in the 2012 Bridal show at the South Town Expo Center. We did really good and the summer is starting to fill up with events. I think we have at least 2-3 events each month so far until Oct. So we are really excited to get that going. Dave is also so ready and excited for the summer and so are the boys and I. We are ready to have Daddy to ourselves!!!!
I am so grateful for all the job opportunities that I have had lately. I took a job at vivint in Tech support/ Customer care (call center) It was a three week training that you had two test to pass to keep the job. On the first test I got a 99/100 and the second test I got a 96/100 YAY!!! But after a week on the phones and having the luck of receiving to many angry customers I decided it wasn't the job for me. It was very hard to sit and listen to people yell and scream at you, even though they weren't made at me just the company is was hard to do. After giving my letter of resignation and having my supervisor asking for me to stay I just decided that it wasn't the job for me. But I did re-apply for another position there that they recommended. I am so happy to be done with Office Depot!!!! Greatest day was when I quit. Right now I am enjoying the time I have to spend with the boys at home. It is nice to be able to sit and play with them and not running around to work and the babysitter. I know they are enjoying it too:)
I guess that is it for us Nuffers up to date. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Weekend and has some fun in the sun. I know we will:)
2 comments:
Henrik and Declan sound just like Jackson and Austin! Jackson is having a hard time pronouncing double consonants and he stretches words out when he's thinking. His pedi said he doesn't need to see a speech therapist yet, that it's all common with this age, but it still worries me. But Declan sounds just like Austin!! Don't you just love snuggle bugs!?! Just the other night, out of nowhere, Austin came in for a big open mouth kiss and I tried to give him a cheek and grabbed my face so he could plant it on my mouth. HILARIOUS!! ALL of your boys are flippin ADORABLE!! I wish we were closer so our children could play together!
I feel the same way, I wish we were closer!!!! I guess we wont be able to make it to Grandma + Grandpas celebration either, which we are bummed about:(
Post a Comment