Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mustard Chicken

Hey everyone! I wanted to share this awesome Mustard Chicken with you. Dave and I thought it was really good. It's from a "Simple and Delicious" magazine but I did it a little different then they recommended. Try it out!

2 boneless skineless chicken breast(I cut them in half, because they were so big)
2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard( I didn't have any so I used regular mustard, and it still was good)
1 Tbsp Honey
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs( used my food pros. and chopped 4 pieces of bread)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp dried Oregano
1/2 tsp dried Thyme(I didn't use any cause I don't like the taste of it, so it's still good without it)
1/2 tsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Canola oil(I used veggie oil)
1 Tbsp butter
In a bowel combine mustard and honey. In another bowel combine bread crumbs and all seasonings. Make sure your chicken is completely thawed. Dip the chicken in the honey mustard mix, and the coat the chicken with the bread crumbs mix.
In a skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in oil and butter for 5-6 mins on each side. or until meat is done.
We had some mashed potatoes and cooked carrots with this chicken and really loved it. Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Meg said...

I LOVE new recipes. Thanks!!

Meg said...

Bread crumbs: is it like the dry crumbs you get in the can? Or soft bread crumbs?

Nuffer Family said...

It's the bread crumbs that come in a can, but I just took what bread I had and chopped it up. It worked:)

This is Quentin on his new bike

This is Quentin on his new bike
Sweet Bike!

Dave, Liz and Quentin on the beach

Dave, Liz and Quentin on the beach

Bath time :)

Bath time :)
first bath at home for Henrik, Quentin wasn't to sure about it.

Moab 2010 & Delicate Arch

Moab 2010 & Delicate Arch

Henrik Stanley Nuffer, 10 pds 5 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long

Henrik Stanley Nuffer, 10 pds 5 ounces and 22 1/2 inches long
Born Dec 6, 2008 he is the newest member of our growing family. This is the outfit that Great Grandma Nuffer gave him for Christmas

Sweet Henrik

Sweet Henrik