Sept 6th 2011, first day of school for the pre-school class at Saratoga Shores. As we pulled up everyone was just standing outside the door, so Quentin and I went up and saw that there was two other little boys in our ward with their Mom's. I thought "sweet, boys Quentin knows and Mom's I can talk to easy". So we got to talking and before we knew it someone had looked at their watch and said it was 12:45pm. Well the letter we all received said class would start at 12:38pm(which is an odd time to start anyways). So here we all are standing in the hot sun, the teacher is almost 10 minutes late, and other Mom's are starting to complain how they have other things to do and places to be. Me, I had no where to go but back home to clean and yes I say that in a "the last thing on earth I want to do" kind of way. I decided to let Quentin go play on the little playground there in the fenced area that we were in. It seems like only 2-3minutes had past by the time the teacher came out to greet the kids and for me to sign a paper saying it's me that dropped off Quentin. I stayed for a minute to listen to what she had to say, and the funny thing was she began to tell us all how being on time is so important and something she is very good at. How parents being on time to pick up their kids is something we need to do so she is not standing outside in the hot sun to long or the cold weather that's up ahead. A pop of laughter came out of my mouth as I turned to leave, and as I got in the car and looked at the clock it read 12:57pm. Really! your almost 20 minutes late to start class and your lecturing us on being on time......... you know, sure if she was on time I wouldn't have a problem with this and maybe it's because even though I'm late for a lot of things, that when I am on time and still get a hard time about it it really ticks me off. I have nothing against the teacher, just thinking out loud.On a happier note, when I returned to the school to pick up Quentin he had a smile that stretched across his face and was so eager to tell me about what he had learned and what his new friends name was, how he was so nice and loved the fruit snacks he got. He had to tell everyone who walked by about his new back pack and that his Mom bought it for him. He had to tell Dave how he went to school today and play with cars and blocks. I feel so blessed to have Quentin in my life, and for all the things he teaches me. Cause no matter what happened that day it was a good day:)
1 comment:
I love your ending to this, Liz. How exciting for Quentin! And awesome of you to keep it a great day for him. :)
Post a Comment